Well Inspection Services
◄ Previous Page
Routine inspection of a water well system can help ensure it is operating properly, prolong its useful life, and protect your investment. Most importantly, inspections can protect your health by discovering issues that could result in water quality problems presenting a health risk. Wells should be evaluated annually by a licensed water well systems inspector from Home Inspection Professionals - H.I.P..
The following are other indicators of when a water well systems professional from Home Inspection Professionals - H.I.P. should be called to evaluate the condition of your well:
- Anytime the well has to be opened up (cap or well seal removed)
- If you experience taste or odor problems
- If you experience turbidity—cloudiness of water caused by presence of suspended matter
- If there is a loss of capacity or pressure—the well is not producing as much water as before, the pressure drops and surges, or the pump cycles on and off frequently
- If a test is positive for total coliforms, anaerobic bacteria, or any positive test results indicating a potential health concern. Contact a professional or your local or state regulatory agency if you experience any positive test results or believe your well has been contaminated. A water well systems professional from Home Inspection Professionals - H.I.P. should be hired to thoroughly clean and disinfect any well that has had a positive “anaerobic” bacterial test result, which should include removal of pumping equipment and evacuation of the well to its bottom to be sure of maximum removal of anaerobic growth.